Monday, April 25, 2011

Work Days and Nights

Happy Easter all! This update is overdue, so sorry for the delay.
April 15th was the Friday evening work night dedicated to the art aspects only of the pieces. There were a few people who had to cancel unexpectedly, so it ended up as Heather and I, drinking wine and working on Picasso (which is, by the way, looking kinda cool, and making me wish that it was going to hang in my house forever).
April 16th was a full work day. I was not home, but my sister, Gretchen stayed all day to work. 3 huge sets of frames, boxes, and backboards arrived thanks to my dad and the great people at Hentzen Construction. Aren't these really nice and well made?

Thanks to all the people who worked Saturday, Melissa Real, Danell Oxler, Camille Racine, Amy Hastings, Jeremy Hastings, Vicky Hastings, Gretchen Postiglione, and Heather Vitteri. (Sorry if I forgot anyone, I used the sign up sheet.) I am thinking it appears as though about half of the frames delivered are done! Way to go!
We are not even halfway through the task that lies ahead, we aren't even halfway through frames and boxes. I will be having work days/evenings in the months ahead, please come and help us, we need all that we can get!

Also, thank you to fifth grader, Lauren Truxal, who generously gave her time for childcare.

I am leaving town for a bit, but will be back on May 6th. I am hoping to have work days and evenings that will target certain areas, such as construction, detail painting, costumes, and make-up. I will post those to the right as I book them, and will email the whole group about them as well. If you want to work some evenings that work best with your schedule, get in touch with me via email, you are free to take projects or work on them here anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment