Friday, April 8, 2011

First Post!

Hello Artists,

I hope this site will be easy for you to track and navigate. I am going to post pictures of the pieces and their number/letter codes very soon. I also hope to have a sidebar to keep track of upcoming work days, so you can pop over here for a quick look at times/dates. I also plan to keep updating as progress is made. I am new to blogging with so many options (my last blog looked like a prehistoric word document), so please be patient with me, I will learn. If you are not getting emails about the work days but would like to, let me know, emilymichellescott@gmail.com and I will add you to my list.

Our unofficial work day was a good start, figuring out all the kinks of what needs done, what we needed, how to go about the work. Thanks to Jane Hutsey, Renee Riter, Danell Oxler, and Gretchen Postiglione for your work on that. Also, thanks to Jill and Brandon Martin and Hentzen Construction for the beautiful work on the platforms, frames, stands, and boxes.


Once we had a good start, I began transforming my basement into the art studio that it will need to be for a time. Our first canvas to paint, the Mona Lisa, really let us see the work we have to come. Heather Vitteri and I started to work on it, and it was completed much more quickly than we expected, though we practically worked through every naptime for a week!

If you are interested in putting in hours here and there during evenings, I have both take home projects and larger projects to be done here. Contact me with comments, email, or phone to get involved in non-work day work.

Our first official work day, Saturday, April 2nd, was a huge success! I felt like I needed to have more projects and work to do for all the great helping hands! (Now I know to get more projects for next time!) With a box nearly done, we could easily see the task ahead of us and get a vision for the days to come. Thanks to Jane Hutsey, Heather Vitteri, Kyle Lallemand, Melissa Real, Tabitha Grey, Vicki Hastings, Maddy Mash, Danell Oxler, and Gretchen Postiglione for the time, and also to Mark Oxler for the pizza and construction, and Shawn Scott for helping with the kids!

We also had a special treat, our model for the
Mona Lisa (Heather Poland) came by for a costume fitting and we could begin to get a visual on how this piece will appear. (Still to come on the Mona Lisa: complete costuming, make-up technique, seating, frame and backdrop touch ups, and lighting.) I am almost done sewing her costume. If you are or would like to be a make-up artist, I have a task for you to
begin researching, let me know!
I will try to keep you posted!
Emily Scott

1 comment:

  1. Emily, what a genius idea! A blog...I love it. I'm sorry I haven't been able to make it to a work day yet. Definitely will soon though! Can't wait to see what all you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete