Friday, July 29, 2011

LOTS of Progress! and a little setback...

I write this much needed update from a lovely vacation!

Gretchen has the official webpage up and running, so get your tickets now! www.nightofthelivingart.com

Our last two art work nights have been so efficient! The Scream and Sunday Afternoon are done and one more is really close! Backdrops aren't all we are doing, costumes, masks, and other strange projects are taking shape each night. Thanks to Melissa and Justin Real, Melissa Gerlach, April, Meredith, and Erin Osborn, Tina Doering, and Kyle Lallemand for all your work! Thanks also, to Shawn Scott, for sharing some delicious buffalo wings to top off a productive evening! Also, thanks to Heather Vitteri and Jessica Arzola for putting in hours on backdrops at Heather's!

extreme shirt makeover:


A make-up trial run with many models gave us lots of insight. The models cooperated with our ever-unusual methods. Thanks to make-up artists: Jane Hutsey, Kyle Lallemand, Jessica Aldrete, and Vicky Wright. Thanks to models who came: Kelcy Mohr, Theresa Jirak, Mike Wagle, Vicky and Jeremy Hastings, Mat Kaysen, Lexi Kasitz, Melissa Garcia, Lynette Murphy, Terry Hornback, Shawn Scott, Jessica Schmidt, Grace Hesse, Nora Rayl, and Mary Frances Skinner....the time you are putting in for fittings and make-up makes a huge difference!

Our work day in the heat was a success thanks to Diana and Randy Mark, Vicky Hastings, Gretchen and Mike Postiglione, Holly Lyons, Sonya Brinkman, and Ali and Olivia Moore! You all really cracked out these larger than life frames!

Now for the minor setback. It seems that the KMC Homecoming schedule is out and is September 17th, the same night as our evening of fun. I have tried to contact my models, and am waiting for many of their replies, but I am more than sympathetic to many of them backing out. It is, after all, their HOMECOMING DANCE! I have about 9 pieces I need to fill, so if you know some non KMC students who are interested, let me know! At some point, after making a few initial attempts, I will post who I still need to fill!
I mentioned I am on vacation...which is a physical location, not a mentality. I will be working on the organizing of materials, planning for the weeks to come, and on a few little projects while gone. Feel free to contact me if you would like to work on a project this week. Otherwise, see you all on Monday, August 8th for another great work night!

No comments:

Post a Comment